Inter-Networking of Networks: Shivpuri-Baran-Guna
Funded by: ISOC
- Created a wireless mesh network in three locations
- Connected three separate community networks to each other through intranet to share local content with each other
- To connect Baran from Guna, the project took backhaul connectivity from Guna to Umri (hopping station) to Bamori to Kurka to Nahargarh. This way, the project created three new hopping stations.
- While connecting Guna to Shivpuri, the project connected Umri to Kuttiyawad to Dungasara to Badarwas to Lukwasa to Kolras. As a result, five new hopping stations have been established to connect Guna to Shivpuri.
- Built technical capacity by training members of the local community in wireless networking
- Leveraged backhaul Internet connectivity from one location to connect other locations